Comparative analysis of financial data over multiple periods and years with more flexibility just got a lot easier with FCC’s new feature called SingleTime dimension. This is a system replacement dimension that combines the period and year dimension. For example, Jan (period) and Year (FY23) becomes Jan2023 (think of the way the Cloud ERP period dimension is displayed in smart view). This allows the use of the relative function for any range of period or year combinations.
Below are the steps required to enable this functionality and an example of how this can be used in a data form.
Enabling the Application Feature
For new applications, this can be enabled during the application creation process. For existing applications, you can enable from the Enable feature page under application configuration. Check the “Combine Year and Period as a single dimension” feature to enable.
Application in a Data Form
- Create a new data form
- Check SingleTime under the properties tab
- When the feature is enabled and the SingleTime is checked on a data form, two new functions (Relative and Relative Rage) will be available under member selector.
- Under the Layout tab, Move the SingleTime dimension to the row/column.
- Add the first Time column and add additional columns, using the relative function (+ for future periods and – for previous periods) in relation to the first column.
Data Form – Data Review
- From the screenshot below, you can display the single periods and offsets using the relative function, where applicable on the form, which allows you to cross multiple years.
- Only available in Dense/Sparse (DSO) FCC applications.
- The SingleTime dimension is only available in data forms (including when opened via Smart View).
- When the SingleTime property is checked, the period and year dimension will not be selectable.
For more detailed information, see the Oracle FCC Admin Guide